Personal Injury Representation in Florida & Georgia
Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys in Georgia & Florida
Defender Donahue Law represents people who are injured in car accidents, slip-and-falls, and premise liability cases. If you were injured by the fault of someone else in Florida or Georgia, contact Defender Donahue Law now to discuss the facts of your particular case. Call us at (561) 888-0116, send us an email at lawyers@DefenderD.com, or use our Contact Form.
Personal Injury Law Explained
Anyone who was injured due to someone else’s negligence may have a personal injury case and be entitled to compensation. Do NOT talk to the insurance company before speaking with an attorney because they will try to use anything you say against you and will try to give you less money than your case is worth. We will hold the insurance company or responsible party accountable and make sure you are fully compensated for your current and future medical bills, as well as your pain and suffering, and any other damages.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
- involved in a car accident
- involved in a truck, tractor-trailer, 18-wheeler accident
- involved in a motorcycle accident
- slipped-and-fell in a store, business, or property
- tripped on broken or cracked concrete
- injured on a playground when a swing or other equipment broke
- got sick or food poisoning from undercooked or raw food from a restaurant
- injured by a fallen piece of roof, ceiling, or other building material
- injured by falling through a broken, rotted, or defective floor, stairs, or railing
What is negligence?
Everyone has a duty to go about their lives with a certain standard of care or level of caution. When someone fails to be careful enough and their action hurts someone else they are negligent or have acted negligently. For example, everyone knows they are supposed to stop at a stop sign, if someone fails to stop at a stop sign and that causes a crash, they were negligent and are responsible for the damages of the person they injured.
What are damages?
Damages are the things you suffered or had to pay for because of the crash. If you go to the hospital after the crash to be checked out by a doctor, the hospital bill you will have to pay is included in your damages. Similarly, if you missed time at work because of the crash, your lost wages or PTO you had to use is included in your damages. However, damages are not only money, they also include your “pain and suffering” and loss of enjoyment of life. For example, if you had a hobby you had to miss, this loss of enjoyment is also part of your damages. Maybe you play basketball with your friends every weekend and had to miss out because you hurt your knee or you had to sit out of your season of school sports/activities. We will fight for you to make sure the insurance company takes everything you suffered through into consideration when evaluating your case.
What can I get from insurance?
There are a few different types of insurance coverage that you may be entitled to when you are injured in a car accident depending on where the accident occurred. Rest assured, Defender Donahue Law will take care of all dealings with the insurance company, explain what coverage is available for your particular case, and fight to get you the best outcome possible for everything you have gone through.
- Georgia: 25/50 Bodily Injury coverage is the mandatory minimum amount of insurance you must carry in Georgia. Uninsured Motorists coverage or “UM” is the insurance coverage that will pay for your damages if you are injured by someone who did not have insurance on their car or if they did not carry enough insurance.
- Florida: 10/20 Personal Injury Protection or “PIP” is the mandatory minimum type of coverage you must carry to own a vehicle in Florida. Your PIP coverage will pay for the first $10,000 of your medical expenses. Bodily Injury coverage is an additional type of coverage you can access after PIP if you meet certain qualifying factors. Uninsured Motorists coverage or “UM” is the insurance coverage that will pay for your damages if you are injured by someone who did not have insurance on their car or if they did not carry enough insurance.
What should you do if you were injured in a personal injury case?
Contact us ASAP! Personal injury cases should be handled by an experienced lawyer from Defender Donahue Law. A personal injury case could change your life and cause serious injuries. We will hold the responsible party accountable and make sure you are fully compensated for your current and future medical bills, as well as your pain and suffering, loss of income, and other possible damages.
To schedule a free and confidential consultation, call us now at (561) 888-0116, send us an email lawyers@DefenderD.com, or use the Contact Form.